Cockroaches are one of the most unwanted pests in our homes. They not only create an unpleasant environment but can also spread diseases. While there are several ways to get rid of cockroaches, one unconventional method that has gained popularity is using toothpaste. Here’s how you can use toothpaste to get rid of cockroaches and roaches for good:
- Choose the right toothpaste: It’s important to choose a toothpaste that contains boric acid. Boric acid is a common ingredient in many toothpaste brands and is known to be effective in killing cockroaches.
- Make a paste: Mix the toothpaste with a little bit of water to make a paste. You can also add some sugar to the paste to attract the cockroaches.
- Apply the paste: Apply the toothpaste paste in areas where you have seen cockroaches, such as behind appliances, under the sink, and in the corners of your kitchen and bathroom. You can use a brush or your finger to apply the paste.
- Leave it overnight: Leave the paste overnight, or for at least a few hours. The cockroaches will be attracted to the sugar and boric acid in the paste, and will eat it.
- Clean up: In the morning, clean up the paste along with the dead cockroaches. Be sure to dispose of them properly.
It’s important to note that while this method may be effective in getting rid of cockroaches, it’s not a long-term solution. You may need to repeat the process a few times to completely eliminate the cockroaches from your home. Additionally, it’s important to keep your home clean and free of any food debris, as cockroaches are attracted to food particles.