Crispy chicken is a popular comfort food that’s enjoyed all over the world. However, achieving that perfect crispy texture can be a challenge. In this article, we’ll share the secret to cooking the world’s crispiest chicken, which involves a unique marination technique using milk. We’ll provide a step-by-step recipe that you can follow at home, along with tips and tricks for getting the most flavor and crunch out of your fried chicken. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, you’ll love this recipe for crispy chicken that’s sure to become a family favorite.
- 4-6 chicken pieces (thighs, drumsticks, or breasts)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, hot sauce, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and toss to coat them in the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and let any excess milk drip off. Dredge each piece in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it reaches 350°F (180°C).
- Carefully add the chicken pieces to the hot oil and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Use a slotted spoon or tongs to remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on a wire rack to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the crispy chicken hot, with your favorite dipping sauce.
The milk in the marinade helps to tenderize the chicken and make it more flavorful, while the flour and baking powder create a crispy, crunchy coating. This recipe is sure to become a family favorite!