Are you craving a comforting and flavorful meal that can be prepared in a matter of minutes? Look no further than this quick spaghetti carbonara recipe! Bursting with rich flavors of crispy bacon, creamy eggs, and Parmesan cheese, this classic Italian dish is a true crowd-pleaser.
Traditional carbonara recipes often require time-consuming steps, but this speedy version is perfect for busy individuals who still want to enjoy a homemade Italian delight. With just a handful of ingredients and a few simple steps, you can have a mouthwatering pasta dish on the table in no time.
To make this quick spaghetti carbonara, start by cooking the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. While the pasta is boiling, dice the bacon and fry it in a skillet until crispy. Set the bacon aside and leave the rendered fat in the pan.
Next, sauté minced garlic in the same skillet until fragrant, infusing the oil with its aromatic essence. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and grated Parmesan cheese until well combined, and season with salt and black pepper.
Reduce the heat to low, add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet with the garlic, and pour the egg mixture over the pasta. Quickly toss the spaghetti, ensuring that every strand is coated with the creamy egg mixture. The residual heat from the pasta and skillet will gently cook the eggs, resulting in a silky and luscious carbonara sauce.
Finally, add the crispy bacon back to the skillet and toss once more to combine all the ingredients. If desired, garnish your quick spaghetti carbonara with fresh parsley for an added touch of freshness.
Serve this delightful dish immediately, allowing everyone to indulge in the perfect balance of flavors. The smoky bacon, savory Parmesan cheese, and creamy eggs come together to create a taste sensation that will leave your taste buds craving more.
- 8 ounces (225 grams) spaghetti
- 4 slices of bacon, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the diced bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside, leaving the rendered fat in the pan.
- In the same skillet, add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and grated Parmesan cheese until well combined. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet with the garlic. Pour the egg mixture over the spaghetti and quickly toss to coat the pasta evenly. The residual heat will cook the eggs without scrambling them.
- Add the cooked bacon back to the skillet and toss again to combine all the ingredients.
- Serve the spaghetti carbonara immediately, garnished with fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!
Next time you’re in need of a quick and satisfying meal, remember this speedy spaghetti carbonara recipe. It’s a fantastic option for busy weeknights when time is of the essence but deliciousness is still a priority. Enjoy the authentic taste of Italy without sacrificing convenience – buon appetito!