The military diet, also known as the three-day diet, is a weight-loss plan that claims to help individuals lose up to 10 pounds in just three days. It is a low-calorie diet that involves consuming specific foods in a set order for three days, followed by four days of a regular diet before resuming the three-day cycle.
Here is a sample meal plan for the military diet:
- Breakfast: 1 slice of whole-wheat toast with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 1/2 grapefruit, and 1 cup of coffee or tea (with caffeine).
- Lunch: 1/2 cup of tuna, 1 slice of whole-wheat toast, and 1 cup of coffee or tea (with caffeine).
- Dinner: 3 ounces of any meat, 1 cup of green beans, 1 small apple, 1/2 banana, and 1 cup of vanilla ice cream.
- Breakfast: 1 slice of whole-wheat toast, 1 hard-boiled egg, and 1/2 banana.
- Lunch: 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1 hard-boiled egg, and 5 saltine crackers.
- Dinner: 2 hot dogs (without buns), 1 cup of broccoli, 1/2 cup of carrots, 1/2 banana, and 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream.
- Breakfast: 1 slice of cheddar cheese, 1 small apple, and 5 saltine crackers.
- Lunch: 1 hard-boiled egg and 1 slice of whole-wheat toast.
- Dinner: 1 cup of tuna, 1/2 banana, and 1 cup of vanilla ice cream.
However, it is important to note that there is limited scientific evidence to support the effectiveness of the military diet, and it is not a sustainable or healthy long-term solution for weight loss. Additionally, the diet may cause side effects such as hunger, fatigue, and irritability, and it may not provide all of the nutrients that the body needs for optimal health. Therefore, it is always recommended to speak with a healthcare professional before starting any new diet or weight loss plan.
And here is a simple recipe for low-calorie vanilla ice cream:
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the unsweetened vanilla almond milk, low-fat Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions until the ice cream reaches a soft-serve consistency.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe makes about 4 servings, with each serving containing approximately 70-80 calories, depending on the brand of almond milk and Greek yogurt used. It’s a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional high-calorie ice cream, and you can even customize the recipe by adding your favorite mix-ins, such as chopped nuts or fresh berries.