Are you looking for a new dessert recipe to try? Look no further than Upside Down Apple Cake! This cake is a crowd-pleaser and perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply looking for a sweet treat to enjoy, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings.
- 3-4 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined. Pour the mixture into the greased cake pan, spreading it evenly across the bottom.
- Arrange the sliced apples in a circular pattern on top of the sugar mixture, pressing them down slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter over the sliced apples in the cake pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting it onto a serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This Upside Down Apple Cake is a delicious and easy dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. The combination of tender apples and a buttery, caramelized topping is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any extra apples you might have on hand. So why not give this recipe a try and impress your loved ones with a homemade dessert?