A clogged toilet can be a major inconvenience and a problem that most homeowners will face at some point. Traditional methods of unclogging a toilet involve using chemical cleaners which are harsh and harmful to the environment. Luckily, there are natural ways to unclog and clean your toilet that are effective and easy on the environment.
In this article, we will be discussing different natural ways to unclog and clean your toilet effectively and safely:
- Baking soda and vinegar: Pour 1 cup of baking soda into the toilet bowl and then add 1 cup of vinegar. Let the mixture sit for 15-20 minutes before flushing the toilet.
- Hot water: Boil a pot of water and pour it into the toilet bowl. This can help to break up any blockages in the pipes.
- Dish soap: Put a few drops of dish soap into the toilet bowl and then add hot water. Use a toilet brush to scrub the bowl and flush the toilet.
- Salt and lemon: Mix 1 cup of salt with the juice of half a lemon. Scrub the toilet bowl with this mixture and then flush the toilet.
- Bent wire hanger: Straighten out a wire hanger and use the hook end to try and break up any blockages in the toilet.
- Plunger: Use a plunger to try and dislodge the blockage.
Additionally, cleaning your toilet with natural products such as lemon juice, vinegar, and baking soda can help to keep it clean and fresh smelling.