You want Tt clean wooden furniture with natural ingredients, it’s possible and you can do it in an easy way:
1/ You can just use a mixture of 1 part white vinegar to 1 part water: Apply the mixture to a soft cloth and gently wipe down the furniture.
2/ For tough stains, you can make a paste of equal parts baking soda and water: Apply it to the stain, then wipe it away with a damp cloth.
3/ You can also try using a mixture of lemon juice and olive oil to polish the furniture and give it a nice shine.
Remember to always test any cleaning solution on a small, inconspicuous area of the furniture before using it on the entire piece.
What about coffee grounds?
Coffee grounds can be used also to polish wood furniture as they act as a gentle abrasive. To use coffee grounds to polish wood, you can make a paste by mixing coffee grounds with a small amount of water. Then, using a soft cloth, gently rub the paste onto the wood in the direction of the grain. Once you’ve finished, wipe the wood down with a damp cloth to remove any remaining coffee grounds.
It is important to note that coffee grounds should not be used on finished wood, as it can scratch or damage the finish. This method is best for unfinished or varnished wood. Also, it’s important to test the coffee ground solution in an inconspicuous area before using it on the entire piece.
Other tips to keep your Wooden Furniture clean:
- Always dust and vacuum your wooden furniture regularly to remove dirt and debris that can scratch the surface.
- Use coasters and placemats to protect the furniture from water rings and heat damage.
- Avoid placing furniture in direct sunlight or near heating sources, as this can cause the wood to warp or crack.
- Rotate accessories and decor on your furniture to avoid sunlight damage on specific areas.
- If your furniture has a wax or oil finish, be sure to reapply the finish as needed to protect the wood and keep it looking new.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or cleaning products on your wooden furniture, as they can damage the finish or discolor the wood.
It’s also important to note that if your wooden furniture is old, vintage or has sentimental value it’s best to seek professional help before attempting to clean it, as they may have delicate finishes, or it might be valuable and a wrong move can decrease its value.