We all have lemon at home and we can use it not only in cooking but in multiple ways, lemon is a natural cleaning agent that can be used to clean and freshen up different surfaces and items in your home.
Here are a few clever ways to use lemon for cleaning:
- Clean and deodorize cutting boards: Cut a lemon in half and use it to scrub away any stains or odors on your cutting board. The acid in the lemon will help to kill any bacteria and leave the board smelling fresh.
- Remove hard water stains from glass shower doors: Mix equal parts lemon juice and water in a spray bottle and apply to the stained areas. Let sit for a few minutes and then scrub with a sponge or brush.
- Clean and shine brass and copper: Mix equal parts lemon juice and salt to make a paste, and then apply to the metal. Use a soft cloth to rub the paste into the surface and then rinse with water.
- Freshen up your garbage disposal: Cut a lemon in half and toss it down the disposal. Turn on the water and the disposal to grind up the lemon, which will help to remove any bad odors and leave your kitchen smelling fresh.
- Brighten up laundry: Add a few tablespoons of lemon juice to your wash cycle to help brighten whites and remove stains.
- Clean and deodorize your microwave: Mix 1/2 cup of water and the juice of half a lemon in a microwave-safe bowl. Place the bowl in the microwave and turn it on high for 5 minutes. The steam created by the mixture will loosen any food stains and help to remove any lingering odors.
- Remove stains from hands: The acid in lemon juice can help to remove stubborn stains from your hands caused by cooking or gardening. Simply rub lemon juice on the affected area and then rinse with water.
These are just a few ways to use lemon for cleaning, but the possibilities are endless. Lemon is a versatile and natural cleaning agent that can be used to tackle a wide range of cleaning tasks in your home.