Chia seeds are a great source of fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids, and they can be a healthy addition to a weight loss diet when consumed in moderation. Drinking chia water is one way to incorporate chia seeds into your diet. Here is a simple recipe for chia water:
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (optional)
- Honey or stevia (optional)
- Add the chia seeds to a glass or bottle.
- Pour the water over the chia seeds and stir well.
- Let the mixture sit for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chia seeds have absorbed the water and become gelatinous.
- Add the lemon juice and honey or stevia, if desired, and stir well.
- Drink the chia water immediately or refrigerate for later.
Chia can be a healthy addition to a balanced diet and may help with weight loss by increasing feelings of fullness and reducing appetite. However, it’s important to consume chia seeds in moderation and to be mindful of the added sugars and calories in any sweeteners or flavorings added to the chia water. Additionally, be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day and to incorporate other healthy foods and exercise into your weight loss plan.