Brown stains in the toilet can be an unsightly and embarrassing problem, but the good news is that it is easy to remove with just two simple ingredients: vinegar and baking soda. These natural cleaners are not only effective at removing stubborn stains, but they are also safe to use and gentle on the environment. Here’s how you can keep your toilet bowl white and stain-free with just these two ingredients:
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Pour a generous amount of white vinegar into the toilet bowl, making sure to cover the stained areas. Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Add baking soda to the toilet bowl, sprinkling it on top of the vinegar. The mixture should start to fizz, which is a good sign that the cleaning process has started.
- Using a toilet brush, scrub the inside of the bowl to remove the brown stains. Be sure to focus on the stained areas and work the baking soda and vinegar mixture into the surface of the bowl.
- Flush the toilet several times to rinse away the cleaning solution. If needed, use a clean cloth to wipe down the rim and exterior of the bowl.
- To prevent future stains, make sure to clean your toilet regularly and to flush the bowl after each use. You can also consider adding a cup of vinegar to the bowl each week to help keep it clean and stain-free.
By using just these two simple ingredients, you can easily remove stubborn brown stains from your toilet bowl and keep it looking white and clean for months to come. And because vinegar and baking soda are safe and non-toxic, you can use them with confidence, knowing that you’re not exposing your family or the environment to harmful chemicals.